Mobile app not working same as website
Adrienne Boswell
2016-05-02 22:58:07 UTC
This is probably not the right group, but I'm hoping someone here might
know what is happening.

I have an app I am trying to get working correctly. All it is is an
iframe whose contents is an existing website,
http://mobile.aloyaltycard.com, which is a location dependant website.

In a browser, the page asks for permission to use location. The app does
not do that. I am assuming this is because it is an app and not a
browser.

The way the php script was written, if there is no location, it can use a
regular form and sets a session cookie.

Here is what is supposed to happen and does in a web browser:
1. Click on one of the big buttons that say Stores, Restaurants or
Services.
2. A list of based on your choice of one of the previous comes up,
showing how many merchants are in each category.
3. Click on a category, and a list of merchants comes up.
4. Click on the merchant of your choice. You're done.

Here is what IS happening:
1. Big buttons come up, click on Restaraurants (because there are not
that many)
2. A list of categories in Restaurants comes up. Click on Barbecue
(because I know that there is only one).
3. The list of all categories comes up and never gets to the list of
merchants in that classification.

This is ONLY happening in the iframed app. I have tested the actual
site, which works fine, and I have also tested it within an iframe on my
local machine, and it worked fine there as well. This is the only
problem with the "app" but its a big one and I have torn out the last of
my gray hairs trying to fix it (or even know what's going on).

Can anyone think of what might be doing this? I'm thinking it might be
the location pop-up, or perhaps something to do with cookies in an
iframe?

Thanks in advance for taking time on this.
Ed Jay
2016-05-03 15:02:35 UTC
On Mon, 2 May 2016 22:58:07 -0000 (UTC), Adrienne Boswell
Post by Adrienne Boswell
[...]
How does it perform on different browsers?
Ed Jay (remove 'M' to respond by email)
Adrienne Boswell
2016-05-03 19:57:13 UTC
Post by Adrienne Boswell
[...]
It performs nicely in different browsers. My issue is not browsers, it's
the app that is misbehaving.